Workcover & Workers Compensation

A Holistic Approach to a Speedy Recovery with Your GP

Work-related Injuries and Workcover

Work-related injuries are not uncommon, and they usually have a significant impact on a person’s life. Fortunately, the Workers Compensation system in Western Australia (Workcover) provides financial and medical support to those injured at work. If this sounds like your situation, our GPs can play a significant role in your recovery. 

Understanding Workers Compensation in WA

Workcover is designed to support workers financially, but also to provide easy access to  rehabilitation services, which will help people return to work as quickly as possible.

In Western Australia, workers compensation is administered by Workcover WA, which also manages the insurance policies of employers and pays compensation to injured workers.

To be eligible for Workcover benefits, you must have sustained an injury or contracted an illness as a result of your work. This includes injuries sustained while traveling to or from work, as well as injuries sustained while performing work-related duties.

How Vitalia GPs Can Help

If you have been injured at work, your GP can provide you with a range of services to help you recover. 

Here are some of the ways your GP can assist you:

Initial Assessment and Treatment

When you first see your GP after a work-related injury, they will conduct a thorough assessment to determine the extent of your injuries.

workcover carpal tunnel syndrome

They will also provide you with appropriate treatment, which may include medication, physiotherapy, or other forms of treatment.

Referral to Specialists

Depending on the nature of your injury, your GP may refer you to a specialist for further assessment and treatment. This may include a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist, or a psychologist.

workcover workers compensation in australia
Call us on (08) 6559 4788 to talk about workers compensation

Coordination with Rehabilitation Providers

Your GP can coordinate with your rehabilitation providers, such as physiotherapists or occupational therapists, to ensure that your treatment is tailored to your specific needs. This can help to speed up your recovery and reduce the likelihood of complications.

mental health after COVID-19

Issuing Certificates of Capacity

Your GP can issue certificates of capacity, which provide information about your injury and your capacity to work. These certificates are required by Workcover to assess your eligibility for compensation and to determine the appropriate level of support you require.

Liaising with Employers and Workcover

Your GP can liaise with your employer and Workcover WA to ensure that your treatment and rehabilitation are progressing as they should be. They can also provide advice on:

If you have been injured at work, seeking prompt medical attention from your GP is essential. Your GP can provide you with a range of services to help you recover and get back to work as soon as possible. They can also help you navigate the Workcover system and ensure that you receive the support you need to make a full recovery.

If you have any questions or concerns about Workcover, Vitalia’s GPs are always there to help. We service Willetton, Riverton and Parkwood suburbs.

Don't forget to wash your hands...

Call Us Now